Once again our hosts Squire Patton Boggs, and moderator Jaime Daddona, outdid themselves! Great room, wonderful view, awesome speakers and sustenance to keep us going for the full 90 minutes and more. Thank you!
We learned from all our panelists, and audience members, too! Thanks to everyone for attending and participating.
Moderator: Jaime Daddona, Partner at Squire Patton Boggs, again did all the things AHEAD of the meeting to make the conversation full of insights, ideas and inspiration.
Let's keep the momentum going!
- Debi Lane, CEO at LunchboxWax
- Janice Washington, State Director at AZ Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Deborrah Himsel, President at Himsel & Associates and Adjunct Faculty at Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Keri Pick, Partner, Accounting & Enterprise Risk Services at Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Hank Marshall, Economic Development Executive Officer at City of Phoenix & Honorary Consul for the U.K. (Arizona)
Before this event you probably didn't know all this...
- One of Debi's first hires was a VP of Culture.
- Hank's Mom was REALLY hoping for a girl when he was born.
- The Mexican Senate now has more women than men.
- Women account for 38% of heads of state, worldwide.
- It's typically harder for women to ask for money than men (with some very notable exceptions!!)
- The number of countries with women as the top political leader has increased from 6 in 1990 to 70 today.
- Initiatives to engage young people in Jordan have 75% of 18 years olds registered to vote.
- The impact of violence in countries around the world has women coming together to take action.
- Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are key areas to inspire and impact change.
- Business performance can improve with more gender-balanced and diverse board, like THIS study.
Next step for members... keep connecting with each other and let's move the needle forward. Let us know if you'd like a warm intro to anyone.
Not yet a member? There's an easy fix to that! Join the global tribe!
All the best, Doug Bruhnke
CEO/founder of Global Chamber® and Executive Director of Global Chamber® Phoenix