Committees for Members
Global Chamber® Phoenix has a number of committees to help members connect with new opportunities and to help us collectively achieve our regional mission of helping companies and communities find and capture new opportunities, and grow - across metros and borders.
Joining a committee is a great way to meet fellow members and to gain exposure with some amazing organizations. Please take a look below and find a committee managed by our Advisory Board that most interests you - and then let's get you involved! Contact Don Becka or Doug Bruhnke
Program and Events - Kevin Hull of BMO Harris Bank
Marketing - See below.
Education - John Bevell of Thunderbird School of Global Management
Ambassador - Mike Langley for Global Chamber® Phoenix / Kevin Youngblood
Global Trade Policy - See below.
Business Attraction Committee - Anita Verma-Lallian of Vermaland
Exporter/Importer Committee - Doug Bruhnke of Global Chamber®
Young Global Leaders - Susana Martinez, Maricopa Association of Governments
Chapter Executive Director: Doug Bruhnke
Advisory Board Committee Mentor/Coach: Don Becka
- Program and Events Committee: The Programs and Events Committee facilitates relationship building and business enterprise advancement between members and the community through high-quality events and programs. The Global Chamber® Phoenix coordinates a multitude of events and programs throughout the year focusing on current local and international issues and opportunities.
· CHAIR: Kevin Hull, BMO Harris Bank
· Dave Binsfeld, General Southwest Insurance
· Karen Doerflein, ACN
· Kishore Dash, Entrepreneurship Education Center
· Gloria Petersen, Global Protocol
- Marketing Committee: The Marketing Committee creates initiatives that build awareness of Global Chamber® Phoenix to encourage membership and improve brand-identity with members, sponsors, prospects and collaborating organizations. Further enhancements are achieved through external visibility in the media by public relations, email, web, blog, social media, and video.
· CHAIR: None
· Karla Moran, SRP
· Joseph Bockerstette, Business Enterprise Mapping
· Seth Landau, Seth PR
- Education Committee: The Education Committee focuses on building relationships between Global Chamber® Phoenix and the regional education community, PreK-12 and college level. It helps prepare members to deal with a variety of global business protocols in furthering development of International Business connections with confidence, proficiency and professionalism.
· CHAIR: John Bevell, Thunderbird School of Global Management
· Zarrin Caldwell
· Alicia Engel
· Qinqin Quayle
· Diana Bullen, Mesa Community College
· Ed Johnson, University Growth Solutions
· Mike Langley, Global Chamber Phoenix
- Ambassador Committee: The Ambassador Committee helps spread the good word about Global Chamber® Phoenix to the community, building engagement with individuals and collaborating organizations. We capture and communicate the membership experience to improve retention, expand membership, increase membership diversity and help deliver on membership needs.
· CO-CHAIRS: Mike Langley and Kevin Youngblood (from November)
· Michael Patterson, Polsinelli
- Global Trade Policy Committee: The Global Trade Policy Committee is aware of issues related to international trade in goods and services and the legal mechanisms used to regulate trade by monitoring new developments on national and international levels. The Committee offer members current information affecting legislation, policy initiatives and multilateral and bilateral agreements.
· CHAIR: None
· Carol Colombo, USTR
· Melissa Proctor, Polsinelli
- Business Attraction Committee: The "Arizona Business Council" (Attraction Committee) welcomes incoming businesses to connect and thrive as they expand in Arizona, building a stronger business ecosystem and community in support of the State’s economic growth. By connecting companies with valuable Global resources, the firms will improve operational efficiency, profitably and success.
· CHAIR: Anita Verma-Lallian, Vermaland
· Rod Beach, CresaPartners
· Steven Cramer, Newbridge
· Hank Marshall, City of Phoenix
· Jeanine Jerkovic, City of Surprise
· Donna Kennedy, City of Tempe
· Alex Poulos, Tiffany & Bosco
- Exporter/Importer Committee: The "Global Business Council" (Exporter/Importer Committee) assists member companies that facilitate trade in services, goods and commodities between Arizona and foreign businesses. The committee works with local member companies seeking international expansion as well as international companies desirous of trading with member Arizona companies.
· CHAIR: Doug Bruhnke, Global Chamber
· Renee Ervanian, Heiple Travers
· Anubhav Bagley, Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG)
· Erik Foulds, CH Robinson
· Alana Chavez, APS
· Eduardo González Díaz de León, Promexico
- Young Global Leaders Committee: The Young Global Leaders Committee creates opportunities for young professionals under the age of 40 to develop skills and build relationships that will help advance their networks and foster an understanding of thoughtful business practices. Committee members provide input to Global Chamber® Phoenix to keep the organization evolving and changing with future needs.
· CHAIR: Susana Martinez, Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG)
· Alice Hlidkova, Through the Changing Glass
· Tina Sweis